LA DYE and PRINT
We’re looking for an experienced Lead Lab Technician to join our team! If you fit the below requirements, we’d love to set up an interview!
- Developing technical input to specifications and purchase descriptions identifying component and construction details and defect lists
- Reviewing and evaluating new technologies to improve the performance and functionality of protective clothing
- Formulating detailed work plans, estimating labor hours, material cost estimates, and travel requirements, and coordinating tasks with team members, as applicable
- Performance of thorough literature searches and/or market surveys of commercial products and other government items to identify pertinent concepts and technologies related to assignments.
- Conducting end item product certifications and re-certifications of materials, clothing or equipment in accordance with government Certification By-Laws
- Studying and working from sketches, sample models, and information concerning materials, special design features, and other details
- Planning, supervising, and coordinating major research and development projects and effectively utilizing technological advances.
- Conducting focus groups and other discussions with users, combat developers, program managers, and other project personnel to clearly understand performance requirements and critical design features and adapting these requirements to assigned product.
- Working with industry/manufacturers to resolve manufacturing issues.
- Planning, conducting, and reporting on first article and quality inspections.
- Preparing periodic, interim, and final reports documenting his/her efforts, findings, conclusions, and recommendations
- Presenting program status and accomplishments, barriers, risks, and resolution to higher level authority
- Must possess a bachelor’s degree in Textile Technology, Textile Chemistry or Textile Material Science degree or equivalent.
- Must have at a minimum 6 years’ experience working in textile industry/field.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Textile Science, Apparel Design or a related degree OR two additional years’ experience in lieu of a degree
- Minimum of 5 years apparel industry experience
- Knowledge of textile manufacturing, dyeing, finishing, printing, testing and industry material trends
- Superior understanding of the apparel design and development process from inception through final adoption
- Advanced technical materials knowledge, including fibers, yarns, knits, wovens and print techniques. Experience working with performance materials is highly desired
- Knowledge of garment construction along with experience partnering with vendors to develop a material from inception to production
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, including meeting facilitation and presentations
- Strong information seeking-skills, a drive to make things happen along with the ability to work independently and cooperatively in a diverse group
- Ability to network and utilize internal and external resources
- Computer skills, including Microsoft office applications and Product Data Management
Worksite is located at LA DYE and PAINT, 13416 Estrella Ave, Gardena, CA 90248. However, some travelling (15%) may be occasionally required.
Please send all resumes or questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org